Volunteers are a vital part of Artspace’s operation. Our volunteers provide a service that is invaluable to making Artspace function smoothly. We simply couldn’t operate without the tremendous support of our volunteers. To find out more about volunteer opportunities, please contact us info[at]artspacenh.org.
Volunteering with Artspace is a great way to support the organization, meet new people, and develop new skills. Here are just a few of the benefits of volunteering with us:
- Learn about innovative local and national contemporary artwork
- Meet visitors and volunteers from New Haven and all over the world
- Experience working in an engaging art gallery
- Invitations to special openings and private parties
- Meet and work with curators
- Invitations to volunteer social events, including our annual volunteer appreciation party
- Take part in raffles with art-themed prizes
Satisfaction from giving back to the community
- Gallery Sitters are the face of Artspace and an important link between our programs, gallery and the public. They create a welcoming environment for visitors while also providing information about the exhibitions and the gallery.
- Event Staff work at gallery openings and special events by bartending and food table monitoring. They also assist and welcome patrons. Event staff helps with Artspace’s City Wide Open Studios festival in October and the annual gala in April.
- Administrative Assistants work with office staff on mailings, filing, prepping art material, labels, design, and other similar tasks.
- Exhibition Assistants help hang and taking down exhibits, repair and paint walls after exhibits, assist with lighting and labeling required for the exhibitions.
- Kidspace Volunteers work at special kid friendly events at Artspace, encouraging, assisting and supervising children in art-making.
- Promotional Assistants drop off promotional Artspace material in and around New Haven. 1-2 hours once a month. Great for volunteers who want to be involved but are short on time.
- Other Opportunities: There are many other volunteer opportunities that come up regularly. If you have special interests or skills please let us know and we will find the best place for you!
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
email us at info[at]artspacenh.org to join the Artspace team!