Submission deadline: Friday, May 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM
20th Annual Summer Apprenticeship Program
Youth Justice Design Collaborative
Calling all New Haven Public High School students!
Apply for the 20th Annual Summer Apprenticeship Program this summer. Program Dates are July 6 – 24, 2020. The program runs Mondays-Fridays, 1-4pm. All materials, snacks and $175 work stipends provided. Deadline to apply is May 29, 2020 at 5pm. Students will be notified of acceptance by June 8, 2020.
- This program is for New Haven Public High School students from New Haven
- 20 New Haven teens will work closely with lead artist Daniel Pizarro to learn how to create art with strong social messages centered around themes that inspired the Black Panther Party and the way they reclaimed narratives through self-publishing.
- This is an opportunity for you to discuss and learn about how art can be utilized as a tool for activism, organizing, and storytelling.
- Inspired by the artwork of the Black Panthers, you will explore printmaking techniques to create graphic images with text to convey powerful messages.
- You will gain the skills to circulate and broadcast your artistic message throughout various physical and digital spaces.
- You’ll meet every weekday afternoon for three weeks to collaborate with the artist and your fellow students to create a variety of prints and digital art.
- The project will be installed at Artspace and also on some outdoor walls.
- Get paid to develop your artistry! Selected students will receive a $175 stipend at the end of the program.
- Deadline to apply: Friday, May 29, 2020 by 5:00pm
How to Apply:
- Online. Fill out our online form, HERE.
- Print & Mail.Download and print our application forms and mail to Artspace, 50 Orange St, New Haven, CT 06510
Deadline to apply May 29, 2020.