SAP Teaching Assistant
Artspace New Haven invites Summer Artspace Program (SAP) alumni to apply for a paid Teaching Assistant position. Teaching Assistants will work with teaching artists and students this summer for SAP 2022, taking place July 5–29, 2022. Each TA will support a teaching artist in one of the following courses: 2D Media, 3D Media, Digital Media, or Art History.
About Summer Artspace Program (SAP)
Every spring, Artspace launches an open call for public high school students to join SAP, a summer art education program that has served over 400 young artists and employed dozens of art educators. This year, we are thrilled to release a new program design. SAP 2022 is a four-week summer art intensive offering mentorship, portfolio development, and art career advancement to New Haven public high school students, with an expanded selection of courses (2D, 3D, Digital, and Art History), as well as new program goals:
- Provide New Haven public high school students with the opportunity to learn about contemporary art practices
- Create an environment for young artists to delve deeply into artistic strategies and methods
- Build participants’ confidence in creating, presenting, and talking about their artwork
- Support students in creating a portfolio of work for future opportunities
- Must be available July 5–July 29, 2022
- Participated in a prior Summer Artspace Program (SAP)
- Passion for visual art and/or arts education
Details & Application
Hours average of 10 hours per week
To Apply Please complete the following application by 6 pm EST on Saturday, May 14th.
Founded in 1987 by artists, Artspace centers community-building and education while providing a platform to present the work of visual artists in the city of New Haven. Artspace’s exhibition and commissioning programs encourage experimentation and civic discourse while fostering an appreciation for the vital role artists play in improving our community.