Submission deadline: Tuesday, Jan 15, 2019 at 12:00 AM
Artspace is seeking an experienced administrative assistant to support its Executive Director and staff. Duties will include an array of administrative and event-related activities. Four to five years of experience as an executive assistant in corporate or other professional service environment is a must. The ideal candidate will have solid administrative skills, a ‘can-do’ spirit, ability to multi-task, a sense of customer service, and be comfortable in a diverse and dynamic work environment. An interest in the visual arts, community engagement, and event planning is a plus. This is a 3/5 role (Approximately 25 hours/week) with hourly wages commensurate with experience.
- Lead office operations, including: answering phone calls, basic accounting tasks, ordering office and gallery supplies, shipping/receiving
- Create high volume letter/marketing campaigns using Office (Word, Excel, mail merge) and office equipment
- Handle additional administrative tasks such as travel and meeting arrangements for visiting artists and senior staff
- Maintain contact information and follow-up communications of donors, artists, corporate sponsors, and other community members, including: writing to artists, organizing slide submissions and powerpoints for a review panel, outreach to program partners, handling RSVPs to workshops, etc.
- Maintain a database of artists, community members, and donors
- Manage communications (draft, proof, and edit correspondence) and meeting planning with board members and other committees
- Troubleshoot problems with office equipment and technology
- Maintain storage of files and materials
- Implement and enforce best practices for keeping and maintaining an efficiently run workplace that hosts 8-10 rotating part time, seasonal and permanent employees as well as college interns.
- Identify new office needs as they arise, and proactively propose and implement solution for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-5+ Years of experience in an administrative assistant role in a professional office/corporate setting
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs
- Highly detail-oriented
- Strong communication and grammatical skills
- Ability to look at processes and make recommendation/enhancements
- Maintain professional presence and have great people skills
- Capable of working independently under limited guidance
- Proven ability to manage projects, work under pressure and deadlines
- Proven strong skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- C-level/executive administration experience
- Leading or assisting with major event planning and execution
- Project and/or people management experience
- Prior experience in a Mac and Salesforce CRM environment. Experience with Photoshop.
Artspace is a visionary and dynamic non-profit organization championing emerging artists and building new audiences for contemporary art. Our exhibition and commissioning programs (in the gallery, out of doors, and city-wide) encourage experimentation, discovery, and lively civic discourse, while fostering appreciation for the vital role that artists play in improving our community.Our 5,000 square foot space in a former civil-war era furniture factory anchors an affordable housing complex and features a rotating set of thought-provoking exhibitions. Through our award-winning apprenticeship program, teens from New Haven Public Schools collaborate with professional artists on the creation of artworks and installations. Through our popular City-Wide Open Studios festival, now in its 22nd year, 2 million square feet of underutilized or vacant space have been activated and showcased for the benefit of artists and their supporters.
Our mission is 3-fold: to catalyze artistic activities; connect contemporary artists, audiences, and resources; and to enrich art experiences and activate art spaces.
E-mail a résumé with relevant skills, cover letter, 3 professional references with their email contacts, to Jobs@artspacenh.org with EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT in the Subject line. No phone calls please. Deadline January 15th, 2019.
Artspace seeks to support diversity in all programs and staffing, and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation, ancestry, gender identity, or any status protected by law. People of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.