Artspace New Haven seeks a Communications Manager to oversee Artspace’s communications and engagement. This individual will have experience in managing daily messaging and media across digital platforms for arts/culture institutions or businesses. They should be able to effectively plan and execute communications campaigns and collaborate with diverse stakeholders, with a strong interest in listening to and learning from Artspace’s audiences. This person may have worked full-time for several years in a different capacity but would like to reduce their hours due to life changes and/or new professional goals. Above all, this person should have a love for the visual arts and a desire to contribute to cultural community-building in New Haven by managing institutional communications at Artspace.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Key Tasks:
- Gather and produce high-quality professional content (writing, images, graphics, etc.) that engages Artspace’s audiences on all digital platforms
- Manage communications calendar with internal deadlines for workflow, approval, publication, ensuring regular engagement and interaction with Artspace’s audiences
- Produce regular email newsletters with updates for subscribers and clear calls to action
- Leverage Artspace’s social media channels for audience development, brand awareness, and mission-aligned messaging with regular and relevant content
- Update Artspace website with current and relevant materials to serve as key platform for exhibitions, programs, donations, news, institutional identity, press engagement, and other purposes
- Collaborate with various stakeholders (staff, seasonal staff, artists, partners) to develop a compelling voice for Artspace that is consistent across all communications materials
- Manage quality control for daily communications, such as keeping materials up to date and refreshing content
- Design graphics and templates in accordance with the brand style for digital communications as-needed for integrated use across platforms
- Regularly collect, report, and analyze data and key performance indicators to make informed decisions about communications strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in literature, art history, business, marketing, or similar. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in communications, digital media, marketing, audience engagement, or related fields.
- Knowledge of project management in a nonprofit environment
- Strong writing and editing skills, and a proven ability to collaborate with others on creating original content
- Experience promoting programs and events for visibility, awareness, and audience engagement
- Must have the ability to plan and execute goals and objectives.
- Must demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision.
Salary Range: $50,000 – 60,000
The Communications Manager is a 30-hr per week position with benefits based in New Haven, CT. Office hours are Wednesday-Saturday 12-6 pm with additional work both in-person and remote. Artspace offers a benefits package that includes medical and dental, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off.
Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com with the subject line COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER and ATTACH ONE PDF that includes a cover letter and one-page resume.
Founded in 1987 by artists, Artspace centers community-building and education while providing a platform to present the work of visual artists in the city of New Haven. Artspace’s exhibition and commissioning programs encourage experimentation and civic discourse while fostering an appreciation for the vital role artists play in improving our community.
Artspace is a registered Connecticut 501(c)3 organization. It is the policy and practice of Artspace to offer equal opportunity consistent with applicable federal and state law in all matters of employment. All employment decisions will be made in compliance with applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic information, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and past or present membership in the uniformed service (or application thereto) or any other status protected by applicable law.