- How do I register?
- We are now accepting late registration through September 9. There will be an additional $20 late fee added to each registration. After you submit your info and make payment you will be redirected to a form with further instructions for submitting your information and images to our website. Register Here.
- How much does it cost to register?
- The CWOS festival fee covers your participation in the festival exhibition at Artspace, your presence in the printed guide and in an online CWOS artist directory. The CWOS participation fee is $60. The Armory Weekend supplement is $30.
- In what format/size should my registration image be?
- The registration form will ask for one representative image of your work, which will be used in on our online directory. The image must be in JPEG format. Please make it no larger than 1000 pixels X 1000 pixels.
Opening your studio & exhibiting your work
- In which weekend should I participate?
- Artists with studios located in Westville should participate on October 7/8.
- Artists without local studios, or who are interested in creating site-specific works, should participate in the Armory Weekend, October 14/15.
- Artists with studios in New Haven, West Haven, North Haven, and Hamden should participate in the Private Studios Weekend, October 21/22.
- Artists with studios in the Erector Square complex should participate in the Erector Square Weekend, October 28/29.
- Further information on each weekend can be found on our Artist Info Page.
- How do I rent a studio for Erector Square Weekend or Private Studios Weekend?
- Several venues offer temporary studio space for rent. Any rental fees are to be arranged between the venue and the artist directly. You must rent and secure your studio space BEFORE signing up for CWOS.
- Private Studios Weekend October 21/22: West Cove Studio & Gallery, along with A-Space Gallery, may rent spaces for CWOS registered artists. 10,000 square feet of space is available. For further information contact Roy Smith (phone: 609.638.8501, email: rts3rd[at]hotmail.com).
- Erector Square Weekend October 28/29: Contact Kathi Telman at 203.865.5055 or erectorsquare[at]yahoo.com. Availability is extremely limited, please arrange space early.
- What is the difference between the Armory and renting a space at West Cove or Erector Square?
- Armory Weekend we provide a portion of a room or space at the Goffe St Armory for you to display your work. If you rent space at Erector Square or West Cove, you are renting space directly from those locations. The Armory will be open for several weeks for artists to be able to conceive and mount their installations in the presence of other artists. West Cove and Erector Square are available for the weekend only, but offer move-in-ready conditions.
- What if I don’t yet have a studio address?
- Please contact cwos[at]artspacenh.org to explain your needs and plans. We will do our best to point you to possible solutions.
- What can I show in the hub exhibition at Artspace?
- Each artist is invited to select a small (18” X 18” X 18”) work to be displayed on the wall or a pedestal for the central exhibition. This piece will remain on display at Artspace throughout the festival. Works must be from 2014 or later. Participation in the Festival Exhibition at Artspace is an integral part of the overall experience. See THIS PAGE for drop-off and pick-up dates and times.
- What happens if I sell my work during CWOS?
- Works sold at the central exhibition at Artspace are subject to a 30% commission. For sales made during your weekend, there is no commission. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation of a portion of your sale to help us cover the costs of the festival. We thank you for your generosity.
I need to pull out after registering? What is the refund policy?Full Refund (less $10 admin fee) through a few days before the guide gets designed. This year, Sept 8 2017Partial Refund of $30, up to point of main exhibition griddingNo refund after gridding. This year, September 19.
- How can I help publicize the CWOS Festival and my participation in it?
- After you register, Artspace will furnish you with a digital invitation for you to distribute. CWOS graphics and social media guides for Facebook and Twitter can be found on the Press Toolkit Page. Our marketing works in tandem with the efforts of our participating artists, so please spread the word via your own social media network. During September and October, check your email and Artspace’s Facebook page regularly for updates and CWOS news.